Turkey Meatballs in Tomato Sauce
A classic dish everyone has grown up enjoying: meatballs in tomato sauce! As delicious as this homemade delight is, it's often packed with unnecessary calories and carbs from store-bought marinara/tomato sauces. We've concocted a way around that. Try our wonderful recipe today for turkey meatballs in a rich tomato sauce, flavored with fresh celery, oregano, basil, and peppers, all at only 160 low calories! You'll definitely be back for more.
- 4 oz Ground Turkey, 99% Fat-free
- 2 medium Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 tbsp Green Pepper, Minced
- 1 tbsp Celery, Chopped
- 1 tbsp Basil, Fresh, Chopped
- 1 tbsp Oregano, Dried
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Tomato Sauce
- Preheat over to 350◦ F
- Mix ground turkey in a mixing bowl with remaining ingredients until all ingredients have been blended together.
- Roll mixture into 1 oz meatballs.
- Cook 1/2 way through (approximately 25 minutes).
- Remove from oven and place on a paper towel to absorb excess oil (Yield 6 meatballs, approximately 1-inch diameter).
Calories 160 • Protein 30g • Carbohydrate 9g • Fat 2g • Fiber 3g
Exchanges Per Serving
Meat 3 • Vegetable 1