Make your own tomato sauce and avoid the excessive sugar, calories, and carbohydrates of unhealthy store bought tomato and marinara sauces. Infused with fresh vegetables and aromatic spices, this is a delicious flavor packed topping for all your pasta cravings. Comfort food at its best, what's better than a warm bowl of homemade tomato sauce covering your favorite pasta.
- 1 packet Tomato Soup Mix
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp diced onions
- 3 tbsp diced green pepper
- 3 tbsp diced celery
- 2 medium bay leafs (optional)
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cooking spray as needed
- Prepare soup according to package instruction and set aside.
- Heat a small stock pot on medium heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Cook garlic, onion, peppers and celery until vegetables are translucent.
- Turn heat down to low and add bay leaves, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add meatballs and finish cooking.
- Turn heat off, pour in soup and mix well.